Dr. Hugh Hind explains why MENA region is at the Forefront of Solar Revolution
Our CTO, Dr. Hugh Hind explains why MENA region, with one of the best global solar irradiance levels & state of art infrastructure funded by massive investments, is at the forefront solar revolution in the 2022 𝐌𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐀 𝐒𝐨𝐥𝐚𝐫 𝐎𝐮𝐭𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐑𝐞𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭. AI Integration in PV Plants
▪ Countries like Algeria, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia witnessing staggering IoT+AI implementation for solar. Eg The Saudi smart grid market, predicted to reach $3.6Bn valuation before 2030
▪ 𝐈𝐎𝐓 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐀𝐈 𝐛𝐚𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐄𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐠𝐲 𝐌𝐚𝐧𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐒𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐬 offering truly advanced performance & predictive analytics are key to asset profitability, increasing energy generation efficiency, grid stability, & managing the more variable generation, storage aspects of solar/wind generated electricity
▪ 𝐀𝐈 𝐛𝐚𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐝𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐝 𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐚 𝐚𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐲𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐬 playing a critical role in accelerating solar adoption, gaining rapid acceptance among grid operators, plant owners & operators, electricity system regulators. Globally, investment in AI within sustainable energy is expected to be over $7.78Bn by 2024
▪ 𝐀𝐝𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐀𝐈 𝐛𝐚𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐲𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐬
▫ Effortless, RealTime remote monitoring+reconfiguration of distributed plants
▫ Highest accuracy in detecting emerging events & faults
▫ Accurate future generation prediction+emerging fault forecasts with bleeding edge pattern recognition & noise elimination
▫ Deep analysis of economic impacts of the detected changes & faults
▫ Sharp improvements in operators’ ability to control plants & deploy maintenance teams, who can in turn plan substantial savings in terms of human effort, quantity of scarce resources (like water) etc.
▪ AI based analytics is a key driver to keep solar electricity’s levelized cost of energy below the rapidly reducing MW-hr prices set in PPA agreements
Read the full report
Special thanks to Middle East Solar Industry Association (MESIA)Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest
0 Comments on "Dr. Hugh Hind explains why MENA region is at the Forefront of Solar Revolution"